Research and Programs
- Improve our knowledge of the natural environment,
- Assess the reasons for, and the impacts of, a changing environment on biodiversity,
- Provide knowledge and information about wildlife, habitats and ecosystems,
- Assist us to make informed wildlife management decisions,
- Better understand ecosystem processes and functions,
- Develop management plans and recovery plans for threatened species and threatening processes,
- Ensure that any use of wildlife is at sustainable levels,
- Educate the community about the natural environment, ecosystem functions or species within the environment.
In order to successfully undertake these important projects and programs, researchers collaborate widely with other organisations, individuals and groups.