NR Maps NT
“a web mapping application for the discovery, interrogation and mapping of natural and cultural resource data and information”.
NR Maps NT enables you to select themes of data, display their geographical extent on a map and view the information or data available (features or attributes) for each individual data point or polygon.
- Reference and context is provided by base layers, including land administration, infrastructure, geology and topography.
- Functions include zooming, panning and spatial selecting and identifying of features, and basic map creating.
- Simple search functions for each theme of data exist to enable text based searching or filtering of feature attributes and display of the result of the search on the map.
Themes of Data currently available are:
|Water||Groundwater and Surface Water|
|Land||Soils, Land Units, Land Use and Clearing|
|Vegetation||Vegetation Survey Boundaries|
|Parks and Wildlife||Parks and Reserves|
|Maps||Corporate map products|
|Reports||Search archives in NT Library|
CAUTION: The NR Maps NT website contains pop-up windows.
If the pop-up blocker in your web browser is turned ON, pop-up windows will not display. To use this site, turn OFF the pop-up blocker. (Select Tools menu, then Pop-up Blocker)
About the data: NR Maps NT displays data that is in a suitable digital format from the contributing custodians. Many datasets are in the process of being populated and additional data may be available from the custodian. Data will continue to be added as it becomes available. LRM data custodians are encouraged to contribute their data to NR Maps NT.
- A Guide to Using NR Maps NT (pdf 1.2Mb)
- Find a bore report using NR Maps NT (pdf 241kb)
- Factsheet (pdf 148kb)
Digital Data Requests
Digital data is not currently available for public download from NR Maps NT. This functionality is under development. In the interim, if you are seeking digital data from this department please complete the Digital Data Request Form:
Download Word Format (60Kb) or PDF Format (60kb)
Forward the completed form to the Spatial Data and Mapping Unit via one of the following options:
|Fax||+61 (08) 899 93667|
|Postal Address||LRM Data Request, Spatial Data and Mapping.|
PO Box 496, PALMERSTON NT 0831 Australia
|Office Address||Spatial Data and Mapping Unit|
4th Floor, Goyder Building
25 Chung Wah Terrace, Palmerston NT 0830
Supply of digital data via FTP data transfer
Upon the completion of a Digital Data Request, LRM is able to transfer the data to clients via our FTP server. FTP Factsheet (pdf 75kb).
For further queries, please contact the Spatial Data and Mapping Unit
(08) 895 19216 Data Requests Officer
(08) 899 94579 Scientific Data Manager
(08) 899 93602 Senior Manager