|NT Pastoral Land Clearing Guidelines 2010||156Kb|
|Application to Clear Pastoral Land||156Kb|
|Appendix A: Land Types in the proposed clearing||86Kb|
The Pastoral Land Board has published revised NT Pastoral Land Clearing Guidelines 2010. The Board has adopted the definition of “native vegetation” and “clearing of native vegetation” as defined under the NT Planning Scheme. The Board has also adopted Section A: Technical Guidelines of the NT Planning Scheme Land Clearing Guidelines 2010.
Formal approval of the Pastoral Land Board is required before undertaking clearing on a pastoral lease. This includes:
- Clearing for cropping / planting of introduced pastures.
- Clearing for non pastoral use.
- Clearing for other purposes including but not limited to:
- Thinning trees to improve access and management.
- Pushing or chaining non-preferred shrub or tree species.
- Removal of native vegetation not exempted under the guidelines.
- Maintaining or clearing regrowth from previous clearing operations where such clearing was NOT approved by the Pastoral Land Board since 1992 or was not carried out in accordance with the approval issued by the Board.
In addition to the exemptions under the NT Planning Scheme definition of “clearing of native vegetation” the Board has determined the following exemptions do not require clearing approval on pastoral leases:
- Making and maintaining fixed improvements (infrastructure) necessary for pastoral purposes including buildings, roads and tracks, fences, yards, holding paddocks, firebreaks, airstrips, and development of waters such as dams, bores, turkey nests, tanks and troughs.
- The baling of native vegetation for hay and the harvesting of seed for planting of native vegetation for pastoral purposes; or
- Maintaining or clearing regrowth from previous clearing operations provided such clearing was subject to the written approval of the Pastoral Land Board since 1992 and was carried out in accordance with the approval issued by the Board.
All clearing carried out under the exemptions must comply with Section A: Technical Guidelines contained in the NT Planning Scheme Land Clearing Guidelines 2010 as may be amended from time to time. These technical guidelines have been adopted by the Board for all clearing on pastoral leases.
|This Adobe PDF document may require a newer version of Adobe Reader than you are currently using. Click here to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.|